"Apprenticeships are great, there's no limit to what you can achieve."
Liam Walton, Level 2 Machine printing
Lithography Level 2
Who Should Attend
This qualification is aimed at those who work as a machine minders on single colour press or as second minders on multi colour presses.
The aim of an apprenticeship is to develop an individual so that they are competent in their role but they also need to know what they are doing and why. To aid this the apprentices will study a Technical Certificate and they will cover the following key areas and will be able to describe them:
- Health and Safety
- Personal Development
- Industry overview
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Quality, including quality systems
- Understanding of the main printing processes
- Fount Solutions
- Problem Solving
18 to 24 months.
- Apprenticeship Reform/Levy Find out how the new Apprenticeship Levy effects your business.
- Why choose an apprenticeship? Success in business means providing quality work and great customer service at a good price.
- Leadership & Management Broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team, and candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills.
- Team Leader Ideal for those just starting out in a leadership or management role. The units will allow candidate to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Print Administration & Planning Aimed at those working in an administrative position in the printing industry, typically in production control, planning, sales and as internal sales co-ordinators.
- Design & Pre-Press Aimed at candidates who are regularly designing artwork and producing creative artwork, maintaining digital systems, running equipment and controlling output and quality.
- Warehousing Aimed at those working in a warehousing or dispatch role within the printing industry.
- Customer Service Aimed at those who want to be able to handle more difficult customers. This qualification helps to improve skills and become more involved in making improvements to the team's level of customer service.
- Account Management & Sales Designed to provide candidates with the basic groundings needed in the following roles, print administrator, office clerk, print estimator, account manager or production coordinator.
- Industry Awards and Bursaries
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050