After participating in Vision in Print's Premier Snapshot Programme, the next step for smaller businesses looking to reduce costs and raise performance, productivity and profit is Kickstart.
Specifically designed for companies with up to 50 employees, Kickstart is a low-cost intensive workshop with a total commitment of only five days. During Kickstart, your staff will learn techniques that have been proven to improve productivity in the print industry and beyond, through tutorials and practical participation.
- Specifically developed for smaller companies
- Low cost
- Short programmes
- Targets areas with potential for a rapid return on investment
- Motivational approach instils a culture of continuous improvement
The programme concludes with the follow-up day, during which the ViP engineer will help the team to:
- Review, measure and qualify their progress during the programme.
- Make plans to roll out the learning to elsewhere in the business.
The five-day Kickstart programme is split into three sections. This has proved ideal for smaller companies that may not have the depth of resources to commit key staff for longer periods.
"We employ 20 staff and I think that it's really important that we small companies start managing like large companies. I'm convinced that anyone who commits to this programme will increase their profits, and who doesn't want to do that?"
Tim Vernon, Barnard & Westwood
Section one is the diagnostic and awareness day, during which a Vision in Print engineer will work with your team to identify a particular area of your business that will become the focus of a three-day 'targeted improvement' workshop.
The next day sees the beginning of a three day workshop, where 'hands on' activity is combined with the teaching of specialist tools in order to help printers address their productivity and competitiveness issues. The ViP engineer will also help identify your company's Key Performance Indicators, through which you can measure the pulse of your business.
The team will learn how to turn these measures into practical cost-saving improvements. While the ViP engineer leads the sessions, many of the decisions are made by your staff, giving them a feeling of ownership of their repeatable new skills.
- Productivity Healthcheck Printers are under increasing pressure to deliver higher quality products, at competitive prices, yet with ever-faster turnarounds.
- Lean Focused Maintenance Eliminating machine downtime and unscheduled maintenance is one of the most important tasks for busy printers.
- Materials Waste Reduction A ViP Materials Waste Reduction programme examines strategies that can save up to 5% off material spend, whether paper, board or film.
- 5'C' Roll-out Implement 5C/5S workplace organisation techniques into your business to improve safety, productivity and customer perception using visual techniques to ensure sustainability.
- Office and Prepress Change Cycle Companies who take part in this course learn how to streamline their information flow making the entire job from enquiry to delivery, a smoother, more productive and profitable process.
- Booster Booster is a programme focussed on further process improvement within your business, helping you meet the continuing challenge of delivering excellence in print quality, against a backdrop of shorter lead times and tighter margins.
- Masterclass Masterclass is our two-week flagship programme, specially designed for companies with over 100 employees, be they commercial, newspaper or packaging printers.
- Masterclass Lite Masterclass Lite is a scaled down version of our flagship Masterclass programme, and has been specifically tailored for smaller printing companies regardless of sector.
- Modular Improvement Programme Modular Improvement Plan is tailor made for all UK printers that employ 25 members of staff or less, who are keen to raise productivity and streamline workflows.
- Operations Assessment A unique business diagnostic designed specifically to help suppliers identify how to save costs and improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Environmental Diagnostic The Environmental Diagnostic is a tool for rapidly gauging the environmental credentials of your business and realising tangible financial benefits from improving environmental efficiency.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050