The BPIF have teamed up with R&D Tax specialist Abbey Tax to help members identify and claim tax credits for any development work undertaken.
Whilst the printing industry is constantly evolving its products and processes to meet customer demands, it is generally not taking advantage of the tax credit available because it fails to see the work as R&D. If you are in doubt, answer these questions:
- Does your company undertake the development of new products/processes?
- Is the company creating new and improved products?
- Is the company aiming to duplicate existing products in an improved way?
- Does the company spend money on staff costs, consumables or sub-contractor costs in order to undertake development work?
If the answer is yes, you may be able to claim substantial cash back from HMRC.
- Insurance BPIF Insurance Services is the insurance and risk management service designed specifically for the needs of UK printers and packagers and is exclusive to BPIF members.
- Pensions With over £150 million in funds, the Printing Industry Pension Scheme (PIPS) is the first choice for many members.
- Healthcare When key people in your business fall ill, you’ll naturally want to give them the best chance of a speedy recovery. To help with this process, we offer a unique health insurance scheme.
- RAC The BPIF has added its buying power to that of the Boss Federation to provide BPIF members with huge savings on RAC Business breakdown cover.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050