Get expert legal advice from print-specific lawyers. Our legal team have worked in the industry for years and are familiar with all aspects of your commercial problems and their solutions
We can provide all legal documentation from Sale and Purchase contracts through to senior executives' Settlement Agreements
A law firm owned by BPIF and staffed by lawyers who work exclusively for BPIF members
Expert legal advice from print-specific lawyers
At Platinum your membership already covers you for free representation should you be taken to an Employment Tribunal. You can also ring our commercial lawyers for telephone advice when you need a quick check on a legal issue.
- Employment Tribunal representation
- Telephone advice on Commercial Law issues
PAY AS YOU GO SUPPORT
At Platinum your membership also gives you access to our Pay As You Go Services. When you need us we will quote you a fixed cost before we start work, and that will remain fixed no matter how many phone calls and emails it requires.
- Employee Settlement Agreements
- Long term supply contracts
- Directors' Service Contracts
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Standard royalty agreements
Have instant access to the BPIF Legal Team at any time by paying a monthly retainer without worrying about the costs racking up every time you pick up the phone. Call us for full details.
- Dealing with Senior Executives
- Commercial litigation
- Debt recovery litigation
- Company law
The scenarios below should help you understand the support you need.
- Company A retains BPIF Legal so that its HR Managers can ring at any time to discuss particularly tricky employment matters. Our lawyers can take a fresh view as well as advise on the legal implications of any course of action.
- Company B retains BPIF Legal to assist in its debt recovery, writing a letter before action and advising on next moves. Issuing proceedings and litigating in the County Court are dealt with on a Pay As You Go basis.
- Company C needs to deal with a difficult parting of ways with a Senior Executive. They choose a Pay As You Go option to obtain legal advice and assistance throughout with all matters to do with procedure, Settlement Agreements and ancillary issues of Directorships and Shareholdings.
- Company D has a dispute with a customer which ends up in legal proceedings being issued. BPIF Legal assists throughout with fees being charged on an "unbundled" basis. The Company knows in advance what each step in the litigation process would cost, helping them to make decisions about whether to continue to the next stage or look to a negotiated settlement.
- Company E contacts BPIF Legal whenever it needs contracts reviewed or legal documents drafted. It is quoted a Pay As You Go rate each time, with some items (eg Settlement Agreements) being standard.
I would have no hesitation in recommending BPIF Legal Services. They have helped us immensely at every stage of the Tribunal process and their support advice was invaluable. With the help of their recommendations, representation and submissions the claims against us were fully dismissed by the Tribunal panel.
Anne's understanding of a complex situation and ability to find the best ways to handle some challenging aspects has been remarkable. Her grasp of the detail is impressive. We have been enourmously impressed by the advice and support we have received.
I would like to say a huge thank you to Carole for all her hard work on the case, and her attention to detail throughout. The outcome is one which we are very happy with, and thankfully our BPIF membership has been of huge value to us. We have no doubt the outcome would have been very different if it weren't for Carole's persistence along the way. Hopefully we won't find ourselves in similar situations again, but if we do we'll be sure to give BPIF a call.
As always an excellent service provided. Sound advice given by the legal representative - options tabled with risks to enable the company to reach an informed decision. Speedy responses and queries with thorough explanations at all stages of the process.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
Call 01924 203 335