As an employer you have a duty of care to ensure the health and safety of personnel within your premises. According to the latest Health and Safety Executive (HSE) statistics over 13,000 enforcement notices were issued to companies in breach of legislation of which 30% resulted in immediate factory closure until rectified.
- Workplace illness cost the UK economy a staggering £6 billion in lost productivity and healthcare
- There were 1,268 new cases of skin diseases of which 920 were suffering from contact dermatitis
- There were 4,000 lung injuries of which 177 were asbestos related
To help members, the BPIF have developed a flexible range of Occupational Hygiene services aimed at providing a safe and secure environment whilst at the same time ensuring legal compliance.
The BPIF are offering a free health check to members from which a bespoke management package can be developed, relative to your needs. This specific management package could generate significant savings of 30-50% in comparison to undertaking individual occupational hygiene services elsewhere.
- Health & Safety Training Accidents happen! Protect yourself, your employees and your clients with the help of a BPIF Training Course.
- Occupational Health Support Are you taking a chance on your staff’s health? Our Advisers can assess your health and safety needs and suggest required action.
- Health & Safety Management Scheme The health & safety area is growing more complex all the time. As a result, your company faces an ever-increasing demand to be compliant.
- Environmental Management Support The body of legislation compelling companies to operate effective environmental management is continuing to grow.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050