As an employer you have a duty of care to ensure the health & safety of personnel within your premises, and the law comes down heavily on those companies who breach legislation and fail to comply with regulations.
- There were over 80,000 injuries reported in the UK
- 28% of these injuries were caused by slips or falls
- 24% of these injuries were caused through handling, lifting or carrying
- 133 workers were fatally injured
- 4.7 million days were lost due to reported workplace injury
Coupled with the fact that there were 636 prosecutions with a conviction rate of 94%, it is clear that employers need to take every precaution to protect themselves as well as their employees.
Regardless of legislation, promoting and maintaining good health and safety policies in the workplace helps to recruit and retain the best staff, reduce sickness levels and improve productivity and profitability.
To help members, the BPIF have developed a flexible range of training courses aimed at providing a safe and secure environment, ensuring legislative compliance.
Exclusively for BPIF members, an annual Health and Safety Management Package has been created. This allows members to pick and mix up to 8 days of consultancy services or training courses from 17 available modules.
- Occupational Health Support Are you taking a chance on your staff’s health? Our Advisers can assess your health and safety needs and suggest required action.
- Occupational Hygiene Support A range of Occupational Hygiene services are available, aimed at providing a safe and secure environment whilst ensuring legal compliance.
The BPIF is the printing industries champion. By becoming a member you join a diverse and influential community. We help you solve business problems, connect you to new customers and suppliers and make your voice heard in government.
0845 250 7050